Ebola virus disease
Ebola virus disease (EVD) is a severe disease that causes haemorrhagic fever in humans and animals. Diseases that cause haemorrhagic fevers, such as Ebola, are often fatal as they affect the body's vascular system (how blood moves through the body). This can lead to significant internal bleeding and organ failure.
- Statement from the Chief Public Health Officer of Canada on meeting of the Joint Pan-Canadian Public Health Network Council and Council of Chief Medical Officers of Health on Ebola
- CPHO Statement on Meeting with Healthcare Professional Organizations
- Statement from the Chief Public Health Officer of Canada on Additional Border Measures
- Travel Health Notices: Ebola virus disease in Senegal, Democratic Republic of Congo, Nigeria, Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone
Learn more about the Ebola virus disease. There have never been any cases of Ebola in Canada and the risk to Canadians remains very low.
Causes of the disease, how it's spread, and where it's found.
Main symptoms, what to look for and what to do if you become ill.
What the risks are and who is most at risk.
How the disease is diagnosed and treatment options.
How the disease can be prevented, vaccine information and additional measures.
How the disease is monitored.
Disease description, epidemiology, publications and resources.
Protecting Canadians from Ebola.
What we are doing
Chief Public Health Officer
- Statement from the Chief Public Health Officer of Canada on the first case of human to human transmission of Ebola in the United States
- Statement from the Chief Public Health Officer of Canada on the Donation of Canada's Vaccine to WHO
- Message from the Chief Public Health Officer of Canada
- Statement from Dr. Gregory Taylor, the Deputy Chief Public Health Officer, on the Ebola Outbreak in Africa
- Ebola Rapid Response Team practices deploying to a simulated case of Ebola
- Statement from the Minister of Health on Ebola
- Meeting of the Council of Chief Medical Officers of Health on Ebola
- Government of Canada ships Ebola vaccine to World Health Organization
- Canada Announces Additional Support to Global Efforts Combatting the Ebola Outbreak in West Africa
- Canadian Ebola Vaccine Trials Begin
- Government of Canada Ships Personal Protective Equipment to Sierra Leone to Support Ebola Outbreak Response
- Government of Canada announces a second mobile lab and team to be deployed to West Africa to assist in the Ebola outbreak
- Canada Provides Further Humanitarian Assistance to Fight the Ebola Outbreak in West Africa
- Canada offers essential protective equipment to help stop the spread of Ebola in West Africa
- Statement on international regulatory cooperation regarding Ebola
- Ebola Outbreak in West Africa declared Public Health Emergency by WHO
- Canada providing additional funding to help fight the Ebola outbreak
- Date modified: