Ebola virus disease
Learn about Ebola, its causes, symptoms, risks, treatment, prevention and surveillance. Also find health professional guidance, awareness resources and Canada’s response to Ebola.
- Travel health notice: Ebola virus disease in Guinea, April 4, 2016
- Travel health notice: Ebola virus disease in Liberia, April 4, 2016
- Travel health notice: Ebola virus disease in Sierra Leone, April 4, 2016
Services and information
Explore the cause of Ebola and how it is spread.
Learn about the symptoms, what to look for and what to do if you become ill.
Find out what the risks are and who is most at risk.
Access information on how Ebola is diagnosed and treated.
Learn how Ebola can be prevented.
Discover how the disease is monitored.
Get detailed information for health professionals.
Understand how Canada helps in the fight against Ebola.
Download and share these Ebola resources.
What we are doing
Laws and regulations
- Interim Guidance: Public Health Management of Cases and Contacts of Ebola Virus Disease in the Community Setting in Canada
- The Health Portfolio: Framework for Action on the 2014 Ebola Virus Disease Outbreak
Up-to-date information on and warnings about Ebola virus health risks to Canadians travelling or living abroad.
Information about Canadian Ebola hospitals designated by provinces.
- Date modified: