Weekly influenza reports
January 24, 2016 - January 30, 2016 (week 04)
- Overall in week 04, seasonal influenza activity increased from the previous week. Laboratory detections remain lower than average but are now within expected levels for this time of the year.
- An increase in the number of outbreaks was reported in week 04 with the majority due to influenza A.
- Influenza A(H1N1) is the most common influenza subtype circulating in Canada.
- Influenza strains characterized by the National Microbiology Laboratory this season appear to be a good match to the World Health Organization’s recommended vaccine strains.
- For more information on the flu, see our Flu(influenza) web page.
Subscribe to FluWatch reports - email@example.com
- Date modified: