Weekly influenza reports
April 17, 2016 to April 23, 2016 (week 16)
- In week 16, all influenza indicators remained similar to, or declined from the previous week.
- Elevated influenza activity was mostly reported in the Ontario, Quebec and Atlantic provinces.
- Many regions across Canada are reporting a greater proportion of influenza B detections. This increase in influenza B is expected as influenza B often shows up later in the flu season.
- Influenza B continues to account for a increasing proportion of hospitalizations among children and adults.
- Hospitalizations, ICU admissions and deaths among the pediatric population, while declining, continue to remain above expected levels based on the past several influenza seasons.
- For more information on the flu, see our Flu(influenza) web page.
Subscribe to FluWatch reports - email@example.com
- Date modified: