Weekly influenza reports
June 19 to July 16, 2016 (weeks 25-28)
- Overall, influenza activity is at interseasonal levels and continues to decrease across Canada.
- For the first time since week 15, influenza A accounted for the majority of influenza detections.
- Sporadic activity is being reported in some parts of Canada; however, the majority of regions are reporting no influenza activity.
- No laboratory-confirmed influenza outbreaks have been reported since week 22 (beginning of June).
- Influenza-associated hospitalizations continue to decrease. Two hospitalizations were reported in week 28.
Subscribe to FluWatch reports - email@example.com
- Date modified: