Weekly influenza reports
November 8 to November 14, 2015 (week 45)
- As expected, there was a slight increase of overall influenza activity in week 45.
- There was an increase the number of regions reporting influenza activity. The Northwest Territories and the Yukon reported activity for the first time this season.
- Two new laboratory confirmed outbreaks were reported in week 45.
- So far this season, influenza A(H3N2) has been the most common subtype affecting Canadians.
- To date, the majority of influenza laboratory detections and hospitalizations have been in seniors greater than 65 years of age.
- For more information on the flu, see our Flu (influenza) web page.
Subscribe to FluWatch reports - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date modified: