Weekly influenza reports
November 20 to November 26, 2016 (week 47)
- Influenza activity is reaching seasonal levels with many regions in Canada reporting increasing influenza activity.
- A total of 256 positive influenza detections were reported in week 47. Influenza A(H3N2) continues to be the most common subtype detected.
- In week 47, 1.2% of visits to sentinel healthcare professionals were due to influenza-like symptoms.
- Nine laboratory-confirmed influenza outbreaks were reported in week 47 with the majority in long-term care facilities.
- Thirty-seven hospitalizations were reported from participating provinces and territories in week 47; the majority due to influenza A(H3N2).
- For more information on the flu, see our Flu(influenza) web page.
Are you a primary healthcare practitioner (General Practitioner, Nurse Practitioner or Registered Nurse) interested in becoming a FluWatch sentinel? Please visit our Influenza Sentinel page for more details or contact us at FluWatch@phac-aspc.gc.ca
Subscribe to FluWatch reports - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date modified: