Weekly influenza reports
August 28 to September 10, 2016 (weeks 35-36)
- This is the first FluWatch report of the 2016-17 influenza season.
- Influenza activity is at interseasonal levels with all regions of Canada reporting low to no influenza activity.
- In week 36, sporadic influenza activity was reported in 11 regions across five provinces and territories (YK, BC, AB, ON, and QC).
- A total of 13 positive influenza detections were reported in weeks 35 and 36 and the detections of influenza A and B were approximately equal.
- In week 36, 0.98% of visits to sentinel healthcare professionals were due to ILI.
- No outbreaks were reported in weeks 35 and 36.
- Low numbers of hospitalizations were reported in weeks 35 and 36.
- For more information on the flu, see our Flu(influenza) web page.
Are you a primary healthcare practitioner (General Practitioner, Nurse Practitioner or Registered Nurse) interested in becoming a FluWatch sentinel? Please visit our Influenza Sentinel page for more details or contact us at FluWatch@phac-aspc.gc.ca
Subscribe to FluWatch reports - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date modified: