Weekly influenza reports
May 1, 2016 to May 31, 2016 (weeks 18-20)
- In weeks 18-20, all influenza indicators declined from the previous weeks.
- Elevated influenza B activity persisted in many regions across Canada: influenza B accounted for the majority of influenza detections in weeks 18-20. Additionally, the majority of outbreaks reported this week were due to Influenza B.
- This increase in influenza B is expected as influenza B often shows up later in the flu season.
- Hospitalizations, ICU admissions and deaths among the pediatric population, while declining, continue to remain above expected levels based on the past several influenza seasons.
- For more information on the flu, see our Flu(influenza) web page.
Subscribe to FluWatch reports - email@example.com
- Date modified: