Weekly influenza reports
October 9 to October 15, 2016 (week 41)
- Influenza activity is at interseasonal levels with the majority regions of Canada reporting low or no influenza activity.
- In week 41, sporadic or localized influenza activity were reported in 13 regions across six provinces or territories (BC, AB, ON, QC, NS and YK).
- A total of 41 positive influenza detections were reported in week 41. Influenza A(H3N2) was the most common subtype detected.
- In week 41, 2.5% of visits to sentinel healthcare professionals were due to influenza-like symptoms.
- One laboratory-confirmed influenza outbreak in long-term care facility was reported in week 41.
- Five hospitalizations due to influenza A(H3N2) were reported in week 41.
- For more information on the flu, see our Flu(influenza) web page.
Are you a primary healthcare practitioner (General Practitioner, Nurse Practitioner or Registered Nurse) interested in becoming a FluWatch sentinel? Please visit our Influenza Sentinel page for more details or contact us at FluWatch@phac-aspc.gc.ca
Subscribe to FluWatch reports - email@example.com
- Date modified: