Weekly influenza reports
January 31, 2016 - February 6, 2016 (week 05)
- Overall in week 05, several seasonal influenza indicators increased from the previous week.
- Laboratory detections reached expected levels for this time of the year.
- An increase in the number of outbreaks was reported in week 05 with the majority due to influenza A.
- In the past 3 weeks young/middle age adults are accounting for an increasing proportion of hospitalizations as reported by participating provinces and territories.
- Influenza A(H1N1) is the most common influenza subtype circulating in Canada.
- For more information on the flu, see our Flu(influenza) web page.
Subscribe to FluWatch reports - email@example.com
- Date modified: