Weekly influenza reports
April 24, 2016 to April 30, 2016 (week 17)
- In week 17, all influenza indicators declined from the previous week.
- Elevated influenza B activity persisited in many regions across Canada: influenza B accounted for the majority of influenza detections in week 17. Additionally, all outbreaks reported this week were due to Influenza B. This increase in influenza B is expected as influenza B often shows up later in the flu season.
- Hospitalizations, ICU admissions and deaths among the pediatric population, while declining, continue to remain above expected levels based on the past several influenza seasons.
- For more information on the flu, see our Flu(influenza) web page.
- The current FluWatch report is the last weekly report for the 2015-2016 season. During the summer, monthly reports will be published starting on May 27, 2016. We will continue to monitor influenza and other respiratory infections via the RVDSS report, published every Thursday.
Subscribe to FluWatch reports - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date modified: