Surveillance of avian influenza (H5N1)
Discover how avian influenza (H5N1) is monitored.
How does Canada monitor avian influenza (H5N1)?
Canada monitors avian influenza (H5N1) regularly. Other organizations, including the World Health Organization, also track influenza activity.
We continually monitor the outbreaks of avian influenza (H5N1) in poultry, as well as human cases in Asia and other countries.
Canada works closely with its national and international partners, including the World Health Organization. Together, we track influenza activity in Canada and around the world.
For more information
- Public Health Agency of Canada - Emerging Respiratory Pathogens
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency - Notifiable Avian Influenza
- World Health Organization
- The World Health Organization posts information on the total number of human cases of avian influenza. It also posts maps of where human cases of avian influenza have occurred.
- World Organisation for Animal Health
- Date modified: