Antibiotic (antimicrobial) resistance
Help prevent antibiotic resistance by learning about its causes, impact and which bacteria and illnesses are antibiotic-resistant. Also discover helpful resources.
Learn how antibiotic resistance develops, how resistant bacteria are spread and how to reduce the risk of antibiotic resistance.
Discover which bacteria and illnesses are antibiotic-resistant and why they can be difficult to treat.
Know the risks of antibiotic resistance to human health and who is most at risk.
Help prevent antibiotic resistance by following these tips on avoiding illness and using antibiotics responsibly.
Learn how antibiotic use and resistance are researched and monitored in Canada
Find print-ready and online resources to raise awareness on antibiotic resistance.
What we are doing
- Canadian Antimicrobial Resistance Surveillance System (CARSS) Report 2015
- Human Antimicrobial Drug Use Report 2012-2013
- Antimicrobial Resistant Organisms (ARO) Surveillance Report 2007-2013
- Exploring Translational Strategies to Combat Antibiotic Resistance
- Canadian Integrated Program for Antimicrobial Resistance (CIPARS) Short Report
- Federal Action Plan on Antimicrobial Resistance and Use in Canada: Building on the Federal Framework for Action
- Antimicrobial Resistance and Use in Canada: A Federal Framework for Action
- Pathogen Reduction Initiative
- Food Safety Recognition Program
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research Antimicrobial Resistance Initiatives
Policies, acts and regulations
- Date modified: