The Honourable Rona Ambrose MP
In July 2013, Minister Ambrose was appointed Minister of Health.
Minister Ambrose's previous appointments include:
- Minister of the Environment in February 2006,
- Minister of Intergovernmental Affairs and Minister of Western Economic Diversification in January 2007,
- Minister of Labour in 2008,
- Minister of Public Works and Government Services in January 2010, and
- Minister for Status of Women in April 2010.
Rona Ambrose was first elected as a Member of Parliament in 2004 and re-elected in 2006, 2008 and 2011.
Prior to serving in Parliament
Minister Ambrose worked in the Government of Alberta's Department of International and Intergovernmental Relations. She has also worked in the private sector as a public policy consultant.
Minister Ambrose is actively involved with organizations working to end violence against women. Organizations include:
- the Status of Women's Action Group,
- the Victoria Sexual Assault and Sexual Abuse Crisis Centre, and
- The Edmonton Women's Shelter.
Minister Ambrose has a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Victoria. She also has a Master's degree in Political Science from the University of Alberta.
- Date modified: