Recalls and alerts more than 4 years old are automatically archived. While this information can still be accessed in the database, it has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Vita Health Products Inc. Compliments Iron Ferrous Gluconate Tablets Pose Risk to Those with Allergies to Sulfate
- Starting date:
- July 26, 2013
- Posting date:
- July 26, 2013
- Type of communication:
- Source of recall:
- Health Canada
- Allergy Information, Labelling and Packaging
- General Public
- Identification number:
- What you should do
- Who is affected
- Report health or safety concerns
- Related AWRs
- Media enquiries
- Public enquiries
- What Health Canada is doing
Vita Health Products Inc., in consultation with Health Canada, is voluntarily recalling three lots of its Compliments Iron Ferrous Gluconate tablets (Product number: NPN 00582727; package of 100, 324 mg tablets) sold across Canada due to a labelling error. The company has identified that at least one bottle labelled as Compliments Iron Ferrous Gluconate 324 mg tablets actually contained Iron Ferrous Sulfate, 300 mg tablets, which poses a risk to adults with allergies to sulfate. To date, there have been no adverse reactions reported to Vita Health Products Inc. and Health Canada concerning these lots.
|Description||Lot number||Date of Manufacture||Date of Expiry|
|Compliments Iron Ferrous Gluconate 324mg tablets, 100 Count||3B32630JA||February 2013||December 2014|
|2K00130JA||November 2012||September 2014|
|3E31332R9||May 2013||March 2015|
What you should do
- Consult their health care practitioner if they have used this product and are concerned about their health.
- Return the product to the place of purchase or call Vita Health Products Inc. at 1-800-665-8820, Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. EST for further instruction.
- Visit Vita Health Products Inc. recallor more information.
- Report any adverse reactions to Health Canada.
- Read the label of the products you buy to verify that they have been assessed by Health Canada for safety, effectiveness and quality. Health products that have been authorized for sale by Health Canada will have an eight-digit Drug Identification Number (DIN), a Natural Product Number (NPN) or a Homeopathic Medicine Number (DIN-HM) on the label.
Who is affected
Those with an allergy to sulfate are at risk.
Report health or safety concerns
- Call toll-free at 1-866-234-2345
- Visit MedEffect Canada's web page on Adverse Reaction Reporting for information on how to report online, by mail or by fax.
What Health Canada is doing
Health Canada is monitoring Vita Health's recall and will inform Canadians if new information comes to light.
Select thumbnail to enlarge - opens in a new window
For more information
Consumers and health professionals wanting more information about this advisory from Health Canada can contact the Public Enquiries Line at 613-957-2991, or toll free at 1-866-225-0709.
Media enquiries related to this Advisory should be directed to Health Canada Media Relations at 613-957-2983.
More information is also available from Vita Health Inc. by calling 1-800-665-8820, Monday-Friday 9am-5:30 pm EST.
Stay connected with Health Canada and receive the latest advisories and product recalls using social media tools.
- Date modified: