RestoraLAX 45 + 10 Value Pack sold at Costco Canada recalled due to potential choking hazard
- Starting date:
- July 2, 2017
- Posting date:
- July 2, 2017
- Type of communication:
- Source of recall:
- Health Canada
- Choking Hazard
- General Public
- Identification number:
Health Canada is advising Canadians that Bayer Inc. is voluntarily recalling RestoraLAX 45 + 10 Value Pack sold at Costco Canada due to a potential choking hazard. The recalled product may contain deposits such as clumps or lumps. The presence of these deposits may pose a choking hazard.
RestoraLAX is used to relieve occasional constipation and irregularity.
Who is affected
- Consumers who have bought or used RestoraLAX 45 + 10 Value Pack sold at Costco Canada.
RestoraLAX 45 + 10 Value Pack (DIN: 02318164)
This product is sold as a combination pack: 1 bottle of 45 Dose RestoraLAX and 1 box of 10 single dose sachets of RestoraLAX shrink wrapped together for sale by Costco Canada only.
What consumers should do
- Stop using this product. If you experience difficulty swallowing or breathing after taking this product, seek immediate medical attention.
- Consult with your health care professional if you have used it and have health concerns.
- Report adverse events to health products to Health Canada by calling toll-free at 1‑866‑234‑2345, or by reporting online, by mail or by fax.
- Report complaints about health products to Health Canada by calling toll-free at 1‑800‑267‑9675, or complete an online complaint form.
What Health Canada is doing
Health Canada is monitoring the company's recall. If new safety information is identified, Health Canada will take appropriate action and inform Canadians
For more information
Stay connected with Health Canada and receive the latest advisories and product recalls using social media tools.
To learn more about natural health products and other self-care products, visit Canada.ca/selfcare-products.
Select thumbnail to enlarge - opens in a new window
- Date modified: