Mannarich Food brand Fried Fish Balls recalled due to undeclared egg
- Starting date:
- January 29, 2016
- Type of communication:
- Alert sub-type:
- Food Recall Warning (Allergen)
- Allergen - Egg
- Hazard classification:
- Class 1
- Source of recall:
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency
- Recalling firm:
- Mannarich Food Inc.
- Extent of the product distribution:
- CFIA reference number:
- Advisory details
- What you should do
- Who is affected
- Affected products
- Related AWRs
- Media enquiries
Ottawa, January 29, 2016 - Mannarich Food Inc. is recalling Mannarich Food brand Fried Fish Balls from the marketplace because it contains egg which is not declared on the label. People with an allergy to egg should not consume the recalled product described below.
What you should do
Check to see if you have recalled products in your home. Recalled products should be thrown out or returned to the store where they were purchased.
If you have an allergy to egg, do not consume the recalled product as it may cause a serious or life-threatening reaction.
- Learn more about common food allergies
- Sign up for recall notifications by email, follow us on Twitter, or join the CFIA community on Facebook
- View our detailed explanation of the food safety investigation and recall process
Who is affected
There have been no reported reactions associated with the consumption of this product.
This recall was triggered by Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) test results. The CFIA is conducting a food safety investigation, which may lead to the recall of other products. If other high-risk products are recalled, the CFIA will notify the public through updated Food Recall Warnings.
The CFIA is verifying that industry is removing recalled product from the marketplace.
|Brand name||Common name||Size||Code(s) on product||UPC|
|Mannarich Food||Fried Fish Balls||240 g||AL 15 2017||0 68636 03052 5|
Select thumbnail to enlarge - opens in a new window
CFIA Media Relations
For more information
- Mannarich Food Inc.: Lucy Chen, firstname.lastname@example.org or 905-471-9656
- For more information, consumers and industry can contact the CFIA by filling out the online feedback form.
- Date modified: