Lotte brand Kancho Choco Biscuit recalled due to undeclared peanut
- Starting date:
- February 21, 2018
- Type of communication:
- Alert sub-type:
- Updated Food Recall Warning (Allergen)
- Allergen - Peanut
- Hazard classification:
- Class 1
- Source of recall:
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency
- Recalling firm:
- Korea Food Trading, Lemond Food Corp., Pan Asia Food Co., Seoul Trading Corporation, Sunjin Trading Inc., T-Brothers Food And Trading Ltd.
- Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Possibly National, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Saskatchewan
- Extent of the product distribution:
- CFIA reference number:
- Advisory details
- What you should do
- Who is affected
- Affected products
- Related AWRs
- Media enquiries
Ottawa, February 21, 2018 - The food recall warning issued on February 13, 2018 has been updated to include additional product information. This additional information was identified during the Canadian Food Inspection Agency's (CFIA) food safety investigation.
Industry is recalling Lotte brand Kancho Choco Biscuit from the marketplace because they may contain peanut which is not declared on the label. People with an allergy to peanut should not consume the recalled products described below.
What you should do
Check to see if you have recalled products in your home. Recalled products should be thrown out or returned to the store where they were purchased.
If you have an allergy to peanut, do not consume the recalled products as they may cause a serious or life-threatening reaction.
- Learn more about common food allergies
- Sign up for recall notifications by email, follow us on Twitter, or join the CFIA community on Facebook
- View our detailed explanation of the food safety investigation and recall process
Who is affected
There have been reported reactions associated with the consumption of these products.
This recall was triggered by consumer complaints. The CFIA is conducting a food safety investigation, which may lead to the recall of other products. If other high-risk products are recalled, the CFIA will notify the public through updated Food Recall Warnings.
The CFIA is verifying that industry is removing recalled product from the marketplace.
|Brand name||Common name||Size||Code(s) on product||UPC|
|Lotte||Kancho Choco Biscuit||168 g||All codes where peanut is not declared on the label||8 801062 245055|
|Lotte||Kancho Choco Biscuit||95 g||All codes where peanut is not declared on the label||8 801062 516858|
|Lotte||Kancho Choco Biscuit||42 g||All codes where peanut is not declared on the label||8 801062 144815|
Select thumbnail to enlarge - opens in a new window
- CFIA Media Relations
For more informationFor more information, consumers and industry can contact the CFIA by filling out the online feedback form.
- Date modified: