Violence and abuse
Learn about violence and abuse, its prevention and how to get help if you are being abused. Also access funding for prevention programs.
Services and information
Find out what to do if you are being abused or if someone you know is being abused. Learn how to recognize abuse.
Information on preventing violence and abuse, including knowing how to build healthy relationships, practising positive parenting and responding to stress.
Learn about violence and abuse, its different types and the organizations that deal with its prevention. Also find awareness resources to help you recognize and address it.
Information on funding programs for violence prevention, response and public awareness.
What we are doing
Laws and regulations
- Health Status of Canadians 2016: Report of the Chief Public Health Officer
- The Chief Public Health Officer's Report on the State of Public Health in Canada 2016: A Focus on Family Violence in Canada
- Family violence - publications
- Tools, guidance, and promising practices to help you prevent and respond to family violence
- Ending violence against women - Resources
- What's Wrong with Spanking?
Data and Statistics
- Date modified: