Recalls and alerts more than 4 years old are automatically archived. While this information can still be accessed in the database, it has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Methotrexate Sodium Injection 25 mg/mL (2mL) - Recall Due to Possible Presence of Cracked Vials - For the Public
- Starting date:
- December 18, 2013
- Posting date:
- December 18, 2013
- Type of communication:
- Public Communication
- Source of recall:
- Health Canada
- Important Safety Information
- General Public
- Identification number:
This is duplicated text of a letter from Teva Canada Limitée. Contact the company for a copy of any references, attachments or enclosures.
Public Communication - Health Canada Endorsed Important Safety Information on METHOTREXATE SODIUM INJECTION 25 mg/mL (2mL) - DIN 02099705 - Lots 12J30KK, 12J30KH, 12J30KB
- The 3 lot numbers (listed above) of Methotrexate Sodium Injection 25 mg/mL (2 mL) are being recalled due to the potential for cracks in the neck area of the glass container. A crack in the glass container could compromise the sterility of the contents of the container and pose a risk of infection if the medication is used.
- If you are receiving treatment using METHOTREXATE SODIUM INJECTION you are advised to contact your doctor if you have any concerns.
- If you have any containers of METHOTREXATE SODIUM INJECTION 25mg/mL (2mL) with the lot numbers 12J30KK and/or 12J30KH and/or 12J30KB, please do not use them. Contact your doctor and the pharmacy or hospital where you got the medication. Please ensure you get replacement medication in order to complete your scheduled therapy.
Calling toll-free at 1-866-234-2345; or
- Visiting MedEffect Canada's Web page on Adverse Reaction Reporting for information on how to report online, by mail or by fax
- Date modified: