Recalls and alerts more than 4 years old are automatically archived. While this information can still be accessed in the database, it has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Information Update - Health Canada advises consumers not to use the unauthorized weight loss product, AlgoSlim, distributed via mail order by E Sélection
- Starting date:
- August 3, 2016
- Type of communication:
- Information Update
- Natural health products, Affects children, pregnant or breast feeding women
- Source of recall:
- Health Canada
- Product Safety, Product label update
- General Public
- Identification number:
Health Canada is advising consumers not to use the unauthorized weight loss product AlgoSlim, distributed via mail order by E Sélection. The package does not contain unauthorized AlgoSlim and instead contains an authorized product, Slite-T, from a lot that expired in June 2012.
The product labelled as AlgoSlim contains ingredients not listed on the label (Camellia sinensis leaf and Garcinia cambogia). Consumers should also be aware that the following cautions and warnings for the authorised Slite-T product are hidden by the unauthorized AlgoSlim product labelling:
"Consult a health care practitioner before using the product if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Consult a health care practitioner before using if you have an iron deficiency or if you have liver problems or if you show symptoms of liver problems."
Health Canada is following up and will inform Canadians should any new safety information arise.
|Product||NPN||Lot number||Expiry date|
|Slite-T labelled as AlgoSlim||80015137||UE1647||June 2012|
Report health or safety concerns
- Consult with your health care practitioner if you have used this product and have health concerns.
- Read product labels to verify that health products have been authorized for sale by Health Canada. Authorized products have an eight-digit DIN, DIN-HM or NPN.
- Verify if products have been authorized for sale by searching the Drug Product Database and the Licensed Natural Health Product Database.
- Report any adverse events to Health Canada.
- Report complaints about health products to Health Canada by calling toll-free 1-800-267-9675, or by completing an online complaint form.
Stay connected with Health Canada and receive the latest advisories and product recalls using social media tools.
Select thumbnail to enlarge - opens in a new window
- Date modified: