Recalls and alerts more than 4 years old are automatically archived. While this information can still be accessed in the database, it has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Expanded recall: All lots of "Rapidcuts Shredded" capsules recalled due to undeclared prescription drug
- Starting date:
- September 26, 2016
- Type of communication:
- Source of recall:
- Health Canada
- Undeclared Substance
- General Public
- Identification number:
- What you should do
- Who is affected
- Affected products
- Media enquiries
- Public enquiries
- What Health Canada is doing
Further to a recent advisory, Health Canada is informing Canadians that Healthy Body Services Inc. is expanding its voluntary recall of Allmax-brand “Rapidcuts Shredded” capsules (NPN 80041658). All lots are now being recalled as a precaution after certain lots were found to contain an undeclared prescription drug (yohimbine hydrochloride). Taking a prescription drug unknowingly and without the supervision of a healthcare professional can pose serious health risks. The product is promoted as a work-out stimulant and fat-burner, and is sold at various retail outlets across Canada.
What you should do
- Stop using this product. Consult with your doctor if you have used this product and have health concerns.
- Return any unused product to the place of purchase. Contact Healthy Body Services Inc. at 416-223-4561 if you have questions about this recall.
- Report adverse events to health products to Health Canada by calling toll-free at 1-866-234-2345, or by reporting online, by mail or by fax.
- Report complaints about health products to Health Canada by calling toll-free at 1-800-267-9675, or complete an online complaint form.
Who is affected
- Consumers who have bought or used the product
Yohimbine is a prescription drug and should be used only under the supervision of a healthcare professional. The use of drugs containing yohimbine (either as yohimbine hydrochloride or yohimbe bark extract) may result in serious adverse reactions, particularly in people with high blood pressure, or heart, kidney or liver disease. Side effects associated with yohimbine include increased blood pressure and heart rate, anxiety, dizziness, tremors, headache, nausea and sleep disorders. It should not be used by children, or pregnant or nursing women.
Allmax-brand Rapidcuts Shredded, 90 capsules
DIN, NPN, DIN-HIMNPN 80041658
Allmax-brand Rapidcuts Shredded, 45 capsules
DIN, NPN, DIN-HIMNPN 80041658
What Health Canada is doing
Health Canada will monitor Healthy Body Services Inc.’s recall and will inform Canadians if new safety information arises.
For more information
Stay connected with Health Canada and receive the latest advisories and product recalls using social media tools.
- Date modified: