Recalls and alerts more than 4 years old are automatically archived. While this information can still be accessed in the database, it has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
SurThrival colostrum products because of undeclared milk allergens
- Starting date:
- October 20, 2016
- Posting date:
- October 20, 2016
- Type of communication:
- Natural health products
- Source of recall:
- Health Canada
- Important Safety Information, Undeclared Substance
- General Public
- Identification number:
- Products affected
- What you should do
- Who is affected
- Media enquiries
- Public enquiries
- What Health Canada is doing
Health Canada has requested that SurThrival voluntarily recall all lots of its colostrum products because they contain undeclared milk allergens, which may pose serious health risks to people who are allergic or hypersensitive to cow's milk. These authorized natural health products are marketed to strengthen the immune system, and can be found online and at various retailers across Canada.
SurThrival Immunity Quest Powder Drink Mix (NPN80062576)
- 2 kilo (70.5oz)
- SurThrival Immunity Quest Colostrum Capsules (NPN80062577)
What you should do
- Consult your healthcare professional if you have used any of these products and have health concerns.
- Return any unused product to the place of purchase.
- Report adverse events to health products to Health Canada by calling toll-free at 1-866-234-2345, or by reporting online, by mail or by fax.
- Report complaints about health products to Health Canada by calling toll-free at 1-800-267-9675, or complete an online complaint form.
Who is affected
- Consumers who are allergic or hypersensitive to cow’s milk who have purchased or used any of the products listed below.
Individuals with milk allergies or sensitivities to milk products can experience a range of mild to severe symptoms when exposed to even small amounts of milk proteins. Symptoms may include breathing difficulties, which can be life threatening in some cases.
What Health Canada is doing
Health Canada will monitor SurThrival’s recall and inform Canadians if new safety information arises.
Select thumbnail to enlarge - opens in a new window
- Date modified: