Recalls and alerts more than 4 years old are automatically archived. While this information can still be accessed in the database, it has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Nature's Power Solutions Acidophilus Blend contains undeclared milk allergens
- Starting date:
- October 21, 2016
- Posting date:
- October 21, 2016
- Type of communication:
- Natural health products
- Source of recall:
- Health Canada
- Undeclared Substance, Important Safety Information
- Identification number:
- Products affected
- What you should do
- Who is affected
- Media enquiries
- Public enquiries
- What Health Canada is doing
Health Canada is informing Canadians that the product Nature’s Power Solutions Acidophilus Blend contains undeclared milk allergens, which may pose serious health risks to people who are allergic or hypersensitive to milk. This unauthorized natural health product is marketed to help the colon and digestive system. It was sold at Joy in Health & Nutrition Inc., 4024-50 Street, Red Deer, Alberta.
Nature’s Power Solutions Acidophilus Blend
What you should do
- Consult your healthcare professional if you have used this product and have health concerns.
- Read product labels to verify that health products have been authorized for sale by Health Canada. Authorized health products have an eight-digit DIN, a DIN-HM or a NPN. You can also check if products have been authorized for sale by searching Health Canada’s Drug Product Database and Licensed Natural Health Product Database.
- Report adverse events to health products to Health Canada by calling toll-free at 1‑866‑234‑2345, or by reporting online, by mail or by fax.
- Report complaints about health products to Health Canada by calling toll-free at 1‑800‑267‑9675, or complete an online complaint form.
Who is affected
- Consumers who are allergic or hypersensitive to milk who have purchased or used Nature’s Power Solutions Acidophilus Blend.
Individuals with milk allergies or sensitivities to milk products can experience a range of mild to severe symptoms when exposed to even small amounts of milk proteins. Symptoms may include breathing difficulties, which can be life threatening in some cases.
What Health Canada is doing
Health Canada has requested that the retailer stop the sale of this product. Should additional retailers or distributors of this product be identified, Health Canada will take appropriate action and inform Canadians.
Select thumbnail to enlarge - opens in a new window
For more information
Stay connected with Health Canada and receive the latest advisories and product recalls using social media tools.
- Date modified: