Recalls and alerts more than 4 years old are automatically archived. While this information can still be accessed in the database, it has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Unauthorized sexual enhancement product "Rhino Blitz Gold" seized from adult store in Hamilton
- Starting date:
- April 27, 2017
- Type of communication:
- Source of recall:
- Health Canada
- Unauthorized products
- General Public
- Identification number:
- Products affected
- What you should do
- Who is affected
- Media enquiries
- Public enquiries
- What Health Canada is doing
Update – May 4, 2017
Health Canada laboratory tests have confirmed that four additional unauthorized products seized from Stag Shop at 980 Upper James Street in Hamilton, Ontario contain undeclared sildenafil or tadalafil, which may pose serious risks to the health of Canadians. The products, which are promoted for sexual enhancement, have been added under “Affected products” below and photos of the products have been added under the “Images” section below.
Original Advisory – April 27, 2017
Health Canada is advising Canadians that the unauthorized health product “Rhino Blitz Gold” may pose serious health risks, after testing confirmed it contains an undeclared prescription drug (sildenafil). The product, promoted for sexual enhancement, was seized from Stag Shop at 980 Upper James Street in Hamilton, Ontario.
- Rhino Blitz Gold (Sildenafil)
- Blue Diamond (Sildenafil. Added May 4, 2017.)
- Members Only (Tadalafil. Added May 4, 2017.)
- bl4ck 4K (Sildenafil. Added May 4, 2017.)
- Kangaroo (Sildenafil. Added May 4, 2017.)
What you should do
- Stop using these products. Consult with your health care professional if you have used any of these products and have health concerns.
- Read product labels to verify that health products have been authorized for sale by Health Canada. Authorized health products have an eight-digit Drug Identification Number (DIN), Natural Product Number (NPN) or Homeopathic Drug Number (DIN-HM). You can also check if products have been authorized for sale by searching Health Canada’s Drug Product Database and Licensed Natural Health Product Database.
- Report adverse events to health products to Health Canada by calling toll-free at 1-866-234-2345, or by reporting online, by mail or by fax.
- Report complaints about health products to Health Canada by calling toll-free at 1-800-267-9675, or complete an online complaint form.
Who is affected
- Consumers who have bought or used these products
Sildenafil and tadalafil are prescription drug ingredients. Products containing these ingredients should only be used under the supervision of a health-care practitioner. Sildenafil and tadalafil should not be used by individuals taking any kind of nitrate drug (such as nitroglycerine) as it can cause potentially life-threatening low blood pressure. Individuals with heart problems are at increased risk of cardiovascular side effects such as heart attack, stroke, chest pain, high blood pressure and abnormal heartbeat. Other side effects include headache, facial flushing, indigestion, dizziness, abnormal vision, and hearing loss.
What Health Canada is doing
Health Canada seized the products from the retail location and is testing other products to determine whether they contain undeclared ingredients that may pose serious health risks. Should additional products, retailers or distributors be identified, Health Canada will take appropriate action and inform Canadians as necessary.
Select thumbnail to enlarge - opens in a new window
- Date modified: