Recalls and alerts more than 4 years old are automatically archived. While this information can still be accessed in the database, it has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Unauthorized sexual enhancement products sold at Rixxx Adult Store in Ottawa may pose serious health risks
- Starting date:
- May 9, 2017
- Type of communication:
- Source of recall:
- Health Canada
- Identification number:
- What you should do
- Who is affected
- Media enquiries
- Public enquiries
- What Health Canada is doing
Health Canada is advising Canadians that it has identified two unauthorized health products, “Super Panther 7K” and “Triple Green,” sold at Rixxx Adult Store at 2839 Saint Joseph Boulevard in Ottawa, ON. The products are promoted for sexual enhancement and are labelled to contain yohimbe, an ingredient that may pose serious health risks.
What you should do
- Stop using these products. Consult with your health care professional if you have used any of these products and have health concerns.
- Read product labels to verify that health products have been authorized for sale by Health Canada. Authorized health products have an eight-digit Drug Identification Number (DIN), Natural Product Number (NPN) or Homeopathic Drug Number (DIN-HM). You can also check whether products have been authorized for sale by searching Health Canada’s Drug Product Database and Licensed Natural Health Product Database.
- Report adverse events to health products to Health Canada by calling toll-free at 1-866-234-2345, or by reporting online, by mail or by fax.
- Report complaints about health products to Health Canada by calling toll-free at 1-800-267-9675, or complete an online complaint form.
Who is affected
Consumers who have bought or used these products
Yohimbine is a prescription drug and should be used only under the supervision of a health care professional. Yohimbine is derived from yohimbe, a bark extract. The use of yohimbine or yohimbe may result in serious adverse reactions, particularly in people with high blood pressure, or heart, kidney or liver disease. Side effects include increased blood pressure and heart rate, anxiety, dizziness, tremors, headache, nausea and sleep disorders. It should not be used by children, or pregnant or nursing women.
What Health Canada is doing
Health Canada has requested and received confirmation that the retailer has stopped selling these products. Should additional retailers or distributors be identified, Health Canada will take appropriate action and inform Canadians as necessary.
Select thumbnail to enlarge - opens in a new window
- Date modified: