Recalls and alerts more than 4 years old are automatically archived. While this information can still be accessed in the database, it has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
Unauthorized sexual enhancement product "Rhino 69 Extreme 10K" seized from Riverdale Trading Company in Toronto
- Starting date:
- June 30, 2017
- Posting date:
- June 30, 2017
- Type of communication:
- Drugs, Natural health products
- Source of recall:
- Health Canada
- Identification number:
- Products affected
- What you should do
- Who is affected
- Media enquiries
- Public enquiries
- What Health Canada is doing
Health Canada is advising Canadians that the unauthorized sexual enhancement product “Rhino 69 Extreme 10K” may pose serious health risks because its label says that it contains a prescription drug (yohimbe extract (bark)). Health Canada seized the product from Riverdale Trading Company in Toronto (760 Queen St E, Toronto, ON).
- Rhino 69 Extreme 10K
What you should do
- Stop using this product. Consult with your health care professional if you have used it and have health concerns.
- Read product labels to verify that health products have been authorized for sale by Health Canada. Authorized health products have an eight-digit Drug Identification Number (DIN), Natural Product Number (NPN) or Homeopathic Drug Number (DIN-HM). You can also check whether products have been authorized for sale by searching Health Canada’s Drug Product Database and Licensed Natural Health Product Database.
- Report adverse events to health products to Health Canada by calling toll-free at 1 866 234 2345, or by reporting online, by mail or by fax.
- Report complaints about health products to Health Canada by calling toll-free at 1 800 267 9675, or complete an online complaint form.
Who is affected
- Consumers who have bought or used Rhino 69 Extreme 10K
Yohimbine is a prescription drug and should be used only under the supervision of a health care professional. Yohimbine is derived from yohimbe, a bark extract. The use of yohimbine or yohimbe may result in serious adverse reactions, particularly in people with high blood pressure, or heart, kidney or liver disease. Side effects include increased blood pressure and heart rate, anxiety, dizziness, tremors, headache, nausea and sleep disorders. It should not be used by children, or pregnant or nursing women.
What Health Canada is doing
Health Canada seized the product from the retail location. Should additional retailers or distributors be identified, Health Canada will take appropriate action and inform Canadians as necessary.
Select thumbnail to enlarge - opens in a new window
- Date modified: