Foreign Product Alert: Quizz Capsules by Trio Healthcare
- Starting date:
- December 14, 2018
- Type of communication:
- Source of recall:
- Health Canada
- Identification number:
This foreign health product has been found to contain undeclared lead and mercury.
The product is not authorized for sale in Canada and has not been found in the Canadian marketplace, but it is possible that it may have been brought into the country by travellers or purchased over the Internet. Health Canada is warning consumers not to use this unauthorized product after it was associated with a Canadian case of lead poisoning. The product is promoted for the treatment of diabetes.
What you should do
- Contact Health Canada at 1-800-267-9675 or by completing an online complaint form if you find the product listed above in the Canadian marketplace.
- Canadians who have this product are advised not to use it, and consult with a healthcare professional if they have health concerns related to the use of this product.
- Read the label of the products you buy to verify that they have been assessed by Health Canada for safety, effectiveness and quality. Health products that have been authorized for sale by Health Canada will have an eight-digit Drug Identification Number (DIN), Natural Product Number (NPN) or Homeopathic Drug Number (DIN-HM).
Lead is a heavy metal that poses serious health risks. Ingestion of excessive amounts of lead may accumulate in vital organs of the body. Children are most susceptible to the toxic effects of heavy metals. The toxic effects of lead include abdominal pain, anemia, changes in blood pressure, reproductive disorders such as miscarriage, weakness, concentration problems, weight loss, insomnia, dizziness, and kidney and brain damage.
Mercury is a heavy metal that poses serious health risks. Ingestion of excessive amounts of mercury may accumulate in vital organs of the body. Children are most susceptible to the toxic effects of heavy metals. The toxic effects of mercury include irritability, tremors, memory loss, insomnia, concentration problems, and kidney and brain damage.
As of December 12, 2018, one adverse reaction suspected to be associated with the use of this product has been reported to Health Canada.
Unauthorized Foreign Health Products
|Source of Alert||Images|
|Other Unauthorized Products|
Trio Healthcare Pvt. Ltd.
Poison Control Centre
Report health or safety concerns
To report a side effect to a health product to Health Canada:
- Call toll-free at 1-866-234-2345
- Visit Health Canada's Web page on Adverse Reaction Reporting for information on how to report online, by mail or by fax
Select thumbnail to enlarge - opens in a new window
- Date modified: