Delta UV Generator recalled due to fire hazard
- Starting date:
- June 17, 2019
- Posting date:
- June 17, 2019
- Type of communication:
- Consumer Product Recall
- Tools and Electrical Products
- Source of recall:
- Health Canada
- Fire Hazard
- General Public
- Identification number:
- Product: Delta UV Generator
- Issue: The unit can overheat, posing a fire hazard
- What to do: Immediately stop the electrical power supply to the pool or spa, unplug the generator unit and contact Endless Pools.
Delta UV Generator
This recall involves a supplementary pool sanitization system that was an option with Endless Pools hot tub and swim spa products.
The affected pool sanitation system is labelled with:
- Brand name: Delta UV Ultraviolet Solutions
- Model number: EA-4H-10
- Manufacture date codes: ranging between March 17, 2010 and April 1, 2019 (using the C-H-A-R-L-E-S-T-O-N code which assigns a number from 1 through 10 to each of those letters, i.e. C=1, H=2, A=3, etc. as show in image 2).
The unit may overheat and pose a fire hazard.
As of June 3, 2019 the company has received 2 reports of overheating in Canada, and no reports of injuries.
Approximately 290 units of the affected product were sold in Canada.
Time period sold
The affected products were sold from March 2010 to April 2019.
Place of origin
Manufactured in USA.
What you should do
Consumers should stop the electrical power supply to the pool or spa and unplug the generator unit and contact Endless Pools.
For more information, consumers may contact Endless Pools by telephone at 1-800-910-2714 from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday and 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET Friday, or by e-mail.
Please note that the Canada Consumer Product Safety Act prohibits recalled products from being redistributed, sold or even given away in Canada.
Health Canada would like to remind Canadians to report any health or safety incidents related to the use of this product or any other consumer product or cosmetic by filling out the Consumer Product Incident Report Form.
This recall is also posted on the OECD Global Portal on Product Recalls website. You can visit this site for more information on other international consumer product recalls.
- Date modified: