Revive 3-wick soy candle Winter Cedar and Warm Spiced Latte recalled due to Fire and Burn Hazard
- Starting date:
- January 5, 2021
- Posting date:
- January 5, 2021
- Type of communication:
- Consumer Product Recall
- Household Items
- Source of recall:
- Health Canada
- Fire Hazard, Burn Hazard
- General Public
- Identification number:
- Product: Revive 3-wick soy candle Winter Cedar and Warm Spiced Latte.
- Issue: The candle’s high flames can ignite the surface of the wax, posing fire and burn hazards.
- What to do: Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled product, cut all three wicks as short as possible, and then dispose of the candles in their household trash.
Revive 3-wick soy candle Winter Cedar and Warm Spiced Latte
This recall involves the Revive 3-wick soy candle in a glass jar with white wax, topped with a decorative metal lid embossed with the Melaleuca leaf and drop. Two scents were sold:
- Revive 3-Wick Soy Candle – Winter Cedar, Melaleuca SKU Number 1010030041
- Revive 3-Wick Soy Candle – Warm Spiced Latte, Melaleuca SKU Number 1010030040
The candle's high flames can ignite the surface of the wax, posing fire and burn hazards.
As of December 29, 2020 the company has received no report of incidents or injuries in Canada.
The company reported that 3,103 units of the affected product were sold in Canada.
Time period sold
The affected products were sold from November 2020 to December 2020.
Place of origin
Manufactured in USA
Vox Marketing Group
What you should do
Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled product, cut all three wicks as short as possible, and then dispose of the candles in their household trash.
For more information, consumers can contact Melaleuca of Canada, Inc. toll free at 1-800-742-8094 from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm MT Monday to Friday.
Please note that the Canada Consumer Product Safety Act prohibits recalled products from being redistributed, sold or even given away in Canada.
Health Canada would like to remind Canadians to report any health or safety incidents related to the use of this product or any other consumer product or cosmetic by filling out the Consumer Product Incident Report Form.
This recall is also posted on the OECD Global Portal on Product Recalls website. You can visit this site for more information on other international consumer product recalls.
- Date modified: