Expanded Recall: Certain À la cuisine brand electric glass kettles recalled due to burn or fire hazard
- Starting date:
- May 19, 2021
- Posting date:
- May 19, 2021
- Type of communication:
- Consumer Product Recall
- Household Items
- Source of recall:
- Health Canada
- Fire Hazard
- General Public
- Identification number:
- Product: Certain À la Cuisine brand electric glass kettles
- Issue: When the kettle is plugged in, the base of the kettle can overheat and the plastic on the electric cord can melt, posing burn or a fire hazard.
- What to do: Immediately stop using the recalled units and contact Hart Stores Inc. for a refund, exchange or gift card.
Expansion of March 18, 2020 (Certain À la cuisine brand electric glass kettles recalled due to burn or fire hazard)
Certain À la Cuisine brand electric glass kettles
This recall involves À la Cuisine brand 2 litre electric glass kettles bearing purchase order number (PO) 53970.
|Product||Product Number||UPC Code||Purchase Order Number|
|2-litre À la Cuisine brand electric glass kettle (120 V - 60 Hz, 1500 W)||KA2070240200008201||072071973170||53970|
The product number and the purchase order number are printed on the label located directly under the kettle and under the kettle base.
The product number, UPC code and purchase order number are printed on the bottom of the product box.
When the kettle is plugged in, the base of the kettle can overheat and the plastic on the electric cord can melt, posing injury or a fire hazard to users.
As at May 7, 2021, the company had received 2 reports of smoke coming out of the kettle handle. No injuries have been reported.
The company reported that 3,660 units of the affected products were sold in Canada.
Time period sold
The affected products were sold from May 2020 to January 2021.
Place of origin
Manufactured in China.
Les Magasins HART Inc. / Maison en Gros
NINGBO KECHENG ELECTRIC MANUFACTURE CO. LTD.
Cixi City, Zhejiang
What you should do
Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled units. Hart Stores will compensate consumers as follows:
- With proof of purchase, consumers must return the kettle with PO number 53970 to the store and they will be refunded with the same payment method they used at the time of purchase.
- Without proof of purchase, consumers must return the kettle with PO number 53970 to the store. They will have the option of receiving a refund on a gift card or exchanging the defective kettle for a new one.
For more information, consumers may contact HART Stores Inc. by phone at 514-376-5332 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that the Canada Consumer Product Safety Act prohibits recalled products from being redistributed, sold or even given away in Canada.
Health Canada would like to remind Canadians to report any health or safety incidents related to the use of this product or any other consumer product or cosmetic by filling out the Consumer Product Incident Report Form.
This recall is also posted on the OECD Global Portal on Product Recalls website. You can visit this site for more information on other international consumer product recalls.
- Date modified: