One lot of GENIUS Kids and Teens softgel capsules recalled due to possible bacterial contamination
- Starting date:
- October 6, 2021
- Posting date:
- October 12, 2021
- Type of communication:
- Source of recall:
- Health Canada
- Product Safety, Microbial Hazard
- General Public
- Identification number:
- Product: GENIUS Kids and Teens natural health product (softgel capsules)
- Issue: Nutripur Inc. is recalling one lot (lot GC2210-1, expiry 08-23) due to possible bacterial contamination with Staphylococcus aureus, which may pose serious health risks. Children, teens and people with weakened immune systems may be more vulnerable to these risks.
- What to do: Stop using the recalled product. Consult a health care professional if you have used the product and have health concerns.
UPDATE (October 12, 2021): Nutripur Inc. has advised that only 17 bottles from the affected lot were sold to individuals (the remaining affected products have been recalled from distribution at the retail and wholesale level):
- 11 bottles at Marché Avril (QC),
- 1 bottle at Coop La Manne (QC), and
- 5 bottles at Oliver Health Food (AB)
ORIGINAL ADVISORY (October 6, 2021): Nutripur Inc. is recalling one lot (lot GC2210-1, expiry 08-23) of GENIUS Kids and Teens softgel capsules due to possible bacterial contamination with Staphylococcus aureus, which may pose serious health risks.
The natural health product is advertised for use in children and teenagers to help support brain and eye health, concentration and mental function, and the management of attention deficit disorder/attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADD/ADHD).
Ingesting the contaminated product may result in symptoms including abdominal discomfort or pain, diarrhea, nausea and vomiting. Children, teens and people with weakened immune systems may be more vulnerable to these adverse effects.
The products were distributed starting August 2021.
Health Canada is monitoring the recall. If additional safety information is identified, Health Canada will take appropriate action to inform Canadians.
|Product Name||NPN||Lot #||Expiry|
|GENIUS Kids and Teens softgel capsules||80001375||GC2210-1||08-23|
What you should do
- Stop using the recalled product. Consult a health care professional if you or your child have used the product and have health concerns.
- Contact Nutripur Inc. at 1-450-435-2040 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about the recall.
- Report any health product-related side effects or complaints to Health Canada.
Select thumbnail to enlarge - opens in a new window
- Date modified: