Undeclared Allergen - no name® Chunky Vegetable Pasta Soup
- Starting date:
- June 21, 2013
- Type of communication:
- Alert sub-type:
- Allergy Alert
- Allergen - Milk
- Hazard classification:
- Class 1
- Source of recall:
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency
- Recalling firm:
- Loblaw Companies Limited
- Extent of the product distribution:
- CFIA reference number:
Ottawa, June 21, 2013 - The following alert was transmitted by Loblaw Companies Limited (Loblaw) to the news media on June 21, 2013.
VOLUNTARY RECALL: Undeclared Allergen - no name Chunky Vegetable Pasta Soup
BRAMPTON, ON – June 21, 2013 – Loblaw Companies Limited (Loblaw) is advising the public who have sensitivities to milk not to consume 540 ml size cans of no name® Chunky Vegetable Pasta Soup, as they have been mislabeled and may contain beef and milk ingredients. The product is sold nationally in Loblaw banner stores.
NN CHUNKY VEGETABLE PASTA SOUP
Best Before: 2014 DE 04
The vendor has identified the source and corrected the issue to ensure no further product issues.
Out of an abundance of caution and care for our customers, Loblaw has removed the affected lot code of this product from sale in stores. No illnesses have been reported to date.
The products were sold at:
- BC, AB, SK, MB: Extra Foods®, nofrills®, Real Canadian Superstore®, Shop Easy®, SuperValu®, Your Independent Grocer®, Real Canadian Wholesale Club®
- ON: Fortinos, Loblaws®, nofrills®, Real Canadian Superstore®, Real Canadian Wholesale Club®, Cash & Carry, valu-mart®, Your Independent Grocer®, Zehrs®, Freshmart
- Atlantic: Cash & Carry, Real Canadian Wholesale Club®, Dominion, Freshmart, Red & White, nofrills®, Save Easy, Real Canadian Superstore®
- Quebec: AXEP, Group Distribution, L’Intermarché, Loblaws, Maxi & Cie, Maxi, Provigo
For a complete list of store information please visit: http://loblawstores.ca/LCLOnline/
We sincerely apologize to our valued customers for any inconvenience or concern due to the unavailability of this product and its recall. The health and safety of our customers is paramount to us and we are committed to providing our customers with a clean and safe store environment and offering products that are produced, sourced and handled responsibly.
Customers can return the products to any of the above mentioned Loblaw banner stores in the provinces indicated where the customer service desk will provide a full refund (including without receipt) or contact customer service at Customer Service 1-800-296-2332 or email@example.com
For more information:
Customers please contact:
Loblaw Customer Relations
1-800-296-2332 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Media please contact:
Public Relations Department,
Loblaw Companies Limited
email@example.com or 905-459-2500
Select thumbnail to enlarge - opens in a new window
CFIA Media Relations
- Date modified: