Golden Buffalo brand Pineapple Cake recalled due to undeclared milk and sulphites
- Starting date:
- November 4, 2016
- Type of communication:
- Alert sub-type:
- Food Recall Warning (Allergen)
- Allergen - Milk, Allergen - Sulphites
- Hazard classification:
- Class 1
- Source of recall:
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency
- Recalling firm:
- Evergrow Trading Inc., Green4U Products Ltd.
- British Columbia, Ontario, Possibly National, Quebec
- Extent of the product distribution:
- CFIA reference number:
- Advisory details
- What you should do
- Who is affected
- Affected products
- Related AWRs
- Media enquiries
Ottawa, November 4, 2016 - Industry is recalling Golden Buffalo brand Pineapple Cake from the marketplace because it contains milk and sulphites which are not declared on the label. People with an allergy to milk or sensitivity to sulphites should not consume the recalled product described below.
What you should do
Check to see if you have recalled products in your home. Recalled products should be thrown out or returned to the store where they were purchased.
If you have an allergy to milk or sensitivity to sulphites, do not consume the recalled product as it may cause a serious or life-threatening reaction.
- Learn more about common food allergies
- Sign up for recall notifications by email, follow us on Twitter, or join the CFIA community on Facebook
- View our detailed explanation of the food safety investigation and recall process
Who is affected
There have been no reported reactions associated with the consumption of this product.
This recall was triggered by Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) test results. The CFIA is conducting a food safety investigation, which may lead to the recall of other products. If other high-risk products are recalled, the CFIA will notify the public through updated Food Recall Warnings.
The CFIA is verifying that industry is removing recalled product from the marketplace.
|Brand name||Common name||Size||Code(s) on product||UPC|
|Golden Buffalo||Pineapple Cake||250 g||All lot codes where milk and sulphites are not declared on the label||6 47406 00235 3|
Select thumbnail to enlarge - opens in a new window
CFIA Media Relations
For more informationFor more information, consumers and industry can contact the CFIA by filling out the online feedback form.