Eastern brand Payasam Mix recalled due to undeclared wheat
- Starting date:
- March 3, 2017
- Type of communication:
- Alert sub-type:
- Food Recall Warning (Allergen)
- Allergen - Gluten, Allergen - Wheat
- Hazard classification:
- Class 1
- Source of recall:
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency
- Recalling firm:
- Ahaa Foods, R.H.S. Trading Inc., SG International Trading Inc.
- Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Ontario, Possibly National, Saskatchewan
- Extent of the product distribution:
- CFIA reference number:
- Advisory details
- What you should do
- Who is affected
- Affected products
- Media enquiries
Ottawa, March 3, 2017 - Industry is recalling Eastern brand Payasam Mix from the marketplace because it contains wheat which is not declared on the label. People with an allergy to wheat or sensitivity to gluten should not consume the recalled product described below.
What you should do
Check to see if you have recalled products in your home. Recalled products should be thrown out or returned to the store where they were purchased.
If you have an allergy to wheat or sensitivity to gluten, do not consume the recalled product as it may cause a serious or life-threatening reaction.
- Learn more about common food allergies
- Sign up for recall notifications by email, follow us on Twitter, or join the CFIA community on Facebook
- View our detailed explanation of the food safety investigation and recall process
Who is affected
There have been no reported reactions associated with the consumption of this product.
This recall was triggered by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency's (CFIA) inspection activities. The CFIA is conducting a food safety investigation, which may lead to the recall of other products. If other high-risk products are recalled, the CFIA will notify the public through updated Food Recall Warnings.
The CFIA is verifying that industry is removing recalled product from the marketplace.
|Brand name||Common name||Size||Code(s) on product||UPC|
|Eastern||Payasam Mix||200 g||All codes where wheat is not declared on the label||8 901440 001034|
Select thumbnail to enlarge - opens in a new window
CFIA Media Relations
For more informationFor more information, consumers and industry can contact the CFIA by filling out the online feedback form.
- Date modified: