Te Chang Food brand tofu products recalled due to undeclared peanut and sesame
- Starting date:
- January 19, 2018
- Type of communication:
- Alert sub-type:
- Updated Food Recall Warning (Allergen)
- Allergen - Peanut, Allergen - Sesame Seeds
- Hazard classification:
- Class 1
- Source of recall:
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency
- Recalling firm:
- Canda Six Fortune Enterprise Co. Ltd., Green4U Products Ltd., Kuo Hua Trading Company Ltd.
- Alberta, British Columbia, Prince Edward Island, Manitoba, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Possibly National, Quebec
- Extent of the product distribution:
- CFIA reference number:
- Advisory details
- What you should do
- Who is affected
- Affected products
- Related AWRs
- Media enquiries
Ottawa, January 19, 2018 - The food recall warning issued on January 10, 2018 has been updated to include additional product information. This additional information was identified during the Canadian Food Inspection Agency's (CFIA) food safety investigation.
Industry is recalling Te Chang Food brand tofu products from the marketplace because they contain peanut and sesame which are not declared on the label. People with an allergy to peanut or sesame should not consume the recalled products described below.
What you should do
Check to see if you have recalled products in your home. Recalled products should be thrown out or returned to the store where they were purchased.
If you have an allergy to peanut or sesame, do not consume the recalled products as they may cause a serious or life-threatening reaction.
- Learn more about common food allergies
- Sign up for recall notifications by email, follow us on Twitter, or join the CFIA community on Facebook
- View our detailed explanation of the food safety investigation and recall process
Who is affected
There have been no reported reactions associated with the consumption of these products.
This recall was triggered by CFIA inspection activities. The CFIA is conducting a food safety investigation, which may lead to the recall of other products. If other high-risk products are recalled, the CFIA will notify the public through updated Food Recall Warnings.
The CFIA is verifying that industry is removing recalled product from the marketplace.
|Brand name||Common name||Size||Code(s) on product||UPC|
|Te Chang Food||"Tofu Tranches – saveur de barbecue"||350 g||All lot codes where peanut and sesame are not declared on the label||4 710189 810203|
|Te Chang Food||Satay Sauce Bean Curd||70 g||All lot codes where peanut and sesame are not declared on the label||4 710189 041201|
Select thumbnail to enlarge - opens in a new window
- CFIA Media Relations
For more informationFor more information, consumers and industry can contact the CFIA by filling out the online feedback form.