OKF brand Rice Milk Original recalled due to undeclared milk
- Starting date:
- August 19, 2020
- Type of communication:
- Alert sub-type:
- Updated Food Recall Warning (Allergen)
- Allergen - Milk
- Hazard classification:
- Class 1
- Source of recall:
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency
- Recalling firm:
- Kam Wah Resources Co. Ltd.
- Ontario, Possibly National, Quebec
- Extent of the product distribution:
- CFIA reference number:
Ottawa, August 19, 2020 - The food recall warning issued on June 30, 2020 has been updated to include additional product information. This additional information was identified during the Canadian Food Inspection Agency's (CFIA) food safety investigation.
Kam Wah Resources Co. Ltd. is recalling OKF brand Rice Milk Original from the marketplace because it contains milk which is not declared on the label. People with an allergy to milk should not consume the recalled product described below.
|OKF||Rice Milk Original||500 mL||8 809041 428840||M.21.01.2020.06
What you should do
Check to see if you have the recalled product in your home. Recalled products should be thrown out or returned to the store where they were purchased.
If you have an allergy to milk, do not consume the recalled product as it may cause a serious or life-threatening reaction.
- Learn more about common food allergies
- Sign up for recall notifications by email and follow us on social media
- View our detailed explanation of the food safety investigation and recall process
- Report a food safety or labelling concern
Who is affected
There have been no reported reactions associated with the consumption of this product.
This recall was triggered by CFIA test results. The CFIA is conducting a food safety investigation, which may lead to the recall of other products. If other high-risk products are recalled, the CFIA will notify the public through updated Food Recall Warnings.
The CFIA is verifying that industry is removing the recalled product from the marketplace.
Select thumbnail to enlarge - opens in a new window
- Public enquiries
- Toll-free: 1-800-442-2342 (Canada and U.S.)
Telephone: 1-613-773-2342 (local or international)
- Media relations
- Telephone: 613-773-6600
- Date modified: