Bake My Day brand Chicken Pot Pie recalled due to undeclared egg
- Starting date:
- November 6, 2020
- Type of communication:
- Alert sub-type:
- Food Recall Warning (Allergen)
- Allergen - Egg
- Hazard classification:
- Class 2
- Source of recall:
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency
- Recalling firm:
- Bake My Day Gluten-Free Bakeries Ltd.
- British Columbia
- Extent of the product distribution:
- CFIA reference number:
Ottawa, November 6, 2020 - Bake My Day Gluten-Free Bakeries Ltd. is recalling Bake My Day brand Chicken Pot Pie from the marketplace because it contains egg which is not declared on the label. People with an allergy to egg should not consume the recalled product described below.
|Bake My Day||Chicken Pot Pie||None||None||All codes where egg is not declared on the label|
What you should do
Check to see if you have the recalled product in your home. Recalled products should be thrown out or returned to the store where they were purchased.
If you have an allergy to egg, do not consume the recalled product as it may cause a serious or life-threatening reaction.
- Learn more about common food allergies
- Sign up for recall notifications by email and follow us on social media
- View our detailed explanation of the food safety investigation and recall process
- Report a food safety or labelling concern
Who is affected
There has been one reported reaction associated with the consumption of this product.
This recall was triggered by a consumer complaint. The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) is conducting a food safety investigation, which may lead to the recall of other products. If other high-risk products are recalled, the CFIA will notify the public through updated Food Recall Warnings.
The CFIA is verifying that industry is removing the recalled product from the marketplace.
Select thumbnail to enlarge - opens in a new window
- Company information
- Bake My Day Gluten-Free Bakeries Ltd.: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Public enquiries
- Toll-free: 1-800-442-2342 (Canada and U.S.)
Telephone: 1-613-773-2342 (local or international)
- Media relations
- Telephone: 613-773-6600
- Date modified: