Wilton brand sprinkle products recalled due to undeclared milk
- Starting date:
- March 5, 2021
- Type of communication:
- Alert sub-type:
- Food Recall Warning (Allergen)
- Allergen - Milk
- Hazard classification:
- Class 1
- Source of recall:
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency
- Recalling firm:
- Wilton Industries Canada Company
- Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Ontario, Possibly National, Quebec, Saskatchewan
- Extent of the product distribution:
- CFIA reference number:
Ottawa, March 5, 2021 - Wilton Industries Canada Company is recalling Wilton brand sprinkle products from the marketplace because they contain milk which is not declared on the label. People with an allergy to milk should not consume the recalled products described below.
|Wilton||Sprinkles Valentine Chip Crunch||98 g||0 70896 04277 4||All codes where milk is not declared on the label|
|Wilton||Sprinkles Rainbow Chip Crunch||148 g||0 70896 45364 8||All codes where milk is not declared on the label|
|Wilton||Sprinkles Holiday Mix||215 g||0 70896 27649 0||All codes where milk is not declared on the label|
|Wilton||Sprinkles Assorted Treat Toppings||74 g||0 70896 09722 4||All codes where milk is not declared on the label|
What you should do
Check to see if you have the recalled products in your home. Recalled products should be thrown out or returned to the store where they were purchased.
If you have an allergy to milk, do not consume the recalled products as it may cause a serious or life-threatening reaction.
- Learn more about common food allergies
- Sign up for recall notifications by email and follow us on social media
- View our detailed explanation of the food safety investigation and recall process
- Report a food safety or labelling concern
Who is affected
There have been no reported reactions in Canada associated with the consumption of this product.
This recall was triggered by the company. The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) is conducting a food safety investigation, which may lead to the recall of other products. If other high-risk products are recalled, the CFIA will notify the public through updated Food Recall Warnings.
The CFIA is verifying that industry is removing the recalled product from the marketplace.
Select thumbnail to enlarge - opens in a new window
- Consumer Care Hotline
- Toll-free: 1-800-794-5866 Mondays thru Thursdays, 8 am to 4:30 pm CT, and Fridays, 8 am to 1 pm CT
- Public enquiries
- Toll-free: 1-800-442-2342 (Canada and U.S.)
Telephone: 1-613-773-2342 (local or international)
- Media relations
- Telephone: 613-773-6600
- Date modified: