Longo's brand Chicken Burgers recalled due to undeclared egg
- Starting date:
- October 28, 2021
- Type of communication:
- Alert sub-type:
- Food Recall Warning (Allergen)
- Allergen - Egg
- Hazard classification:
- Class 1
- Source of recall:
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency
- Recalling firm:
- Belmont Meat Products Ltd.
- Extent of the product distribution:
Ottawa, October 28, 2021 - Belmont Meat Products Ltd. is recalling Longo's brand Chicken Burgers from the marketplace because it may contain egg which is not declared on the label. People with an allergy to egg should not consume the recalled product described below.
|Longo's||Chicken Burgers||852 g (6 x 142 g)||7 72468 03418 6||Best Before
2022 MR 09
2022 MA 13
2022 JN 28
What you should do
Check to see if you have the recalled product in your home. Recalled products should be thrown out or returned to the store where they were purchased.
If you have an allergy to egg, do not consume the recalled product as it may cause a serious or life-threatening reaction.
- Learn more about common food allergies
- Sign up for recall notifications by email and follow us on social media
- View our detailed explanation of the food safety investigation and recall process
- Report a food safety or labelling concern
Who is affected
There have been no reported reactions associated with the consumption of this product.
This recall was triggered by Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) test results. The CFIA is conducting a food safety investigation, which may lead to the recall of other products. If other high-risk products are recalled, the CFIA will notify the public through updated Food Recall Warnings.
The CFIA is verifying that industry is removing the recalled product from the marketplace.
Select thumbnail to enlarge - opens in a new window
- Public enquiries
- Toll-free: 1-800-442-2342 (Canada and U.S.)
Telephone: 1-613-773-2342 (local or international)
- Media relations
- Telephone: 613-773-6600
- Date modified: